Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Courting Disaster

Sometimes it just seems I don't know when to leave well enough alone.

Like when I know a process can be automated and can't see a good reason not to. I don't consider things like cost, or job security; I tend to think about making life easier through the removal of redundant, repetitive tasks.

And other people don't always see eye to eye with my way of thinking.

If you could cut hour of manual labour out of your job today and in the long run it would save your company money, you'd want to do it, right? I know I'm being vague here, but I'm dealing with a real world situation that probably has more variables than I'm seeing.

And I don't want one of those variables to include a reprimand for stating my opinion, no matter how logical. Is it really that important to play politics with the people you work with at the expense of improving the technological well-being of your customers?

Hell, I'm going for it, so let's hope this system works. Maybe more details after successful implementation - or the reprimand.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

No comments: